First I would like to thank everyone who continued to read, even though I haven’t posted anything but weekly training for 10 weeks. OUCH! Has it really been 10 weeks since my last “non-workout summary” blog post? That is terrible, so here I go again as I am back in the full swing of training once again.
Second, as many of you know I have not trained hard enough to actually participate in the 2010 San Francisco marathon as planned later this month. Plus I started a new job, so really can’t take the time away this soon for travel to the other side of the country. Instead I am moving my training toward a new goal, and will cover it here.
My wife has this idea that she would like to run the Lake Tahoe half marathon on September 26th, so I am going to prepare for the full marathon at the same location. (See updated count-down on the right.) I hear it is an awesome and beautiful course, and lots of fun.
True to self punishment form, I am also thinking of running the John Holmes 50K trail run (not the porn star) two weeks later. I lived through running a 50 mile ultra after running the Miami marathon in February, so a 50K should not be nearly as punishing…right?
7 Random Things
Now the moment you have all been waiting for…the long awaited list of 7 random things that Psyche tagged me with in a comment a few weeks ago (June 2nd to be exact). I guess it is about time for me to get it done.
- My mother-in-law is visiting for the summer, and it is not so bad. (she only speaks Russian, so I don’t know what she is saying) I get lots of food that I don’t have to cook…SCORE!!!
- When I was 8 I jumped out of a hay loft and bit my tongue off. It was sewn back on after rushing me to the emergency room
- While running with my son the other day he sincerely said, “Thanks for making me do this”.
- My dream job is working at Home Depot. Do you think they will pay me a developers salary?
- Sometimes I miss living in a small town and being bored out of my mind.
- My favorite color is blue…I mean green…I mean…Oh, never mind. Lets just stick with green.
- I love BIG, THICK, JUICY steaks. I have thought about cutting down on the meats, but I just love it too much.
Well, there you have it. Sorry for being a bit boring, but it is the best I’ve got for now..
Take care, until next time.